Monday, October 16, 2006

I had commented about Dell in my last post. In all fairness, I should update the status, if there is any change. But some hectic work schedules and the fact that I am still new to blogging (so yet not a true blogger) I missed updating the blog....

As for my Dell notebook, luckily for me after a series of events : part to be replaced being out of stock , me waiting for dell technician to turn up on a promised date(taking off from work) , dell tech support apologising later in a call which i had to wait for 45 min in queue and then finally resolving the issue....But thankfully got my problem resolved and the resolution was to my satisfaction though it took 20 days to resolve the issue covered under Next Business day on site warranty...

Overall I would rate Dell personnel excellent in terms of customer service, but the process to reach them is way too bad.. takes all the sheen out of their hard work. Imagine being in queue for 1 hour on a premium rate number(0870), and the much publicised email support simply doesnt work. No replies whatsoever can be obtained . Even escalations the case (via have unresolved issue web link) will not help you.Even these escalations fail to elicit any reply from Dell.

My 2 cents: Dell still reminds of the great customer support it was famous for. The quality of their systems is in general excellent , but if you are like me, interested in support, then go for Dell UK , if and only if, you are ready to spend time waiting in queue for 60 mins on a premium rate number.

Incidentally had another issue with my notebook (faulty AC adapter). Same story. Waiting time : 60 mins. Resolution time : 5 mins(Hopefully this time the delivery will be on time). Excellent tech support backed up with poor,unresponsive, unhelpful systems to reach these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment