Sunday, October 22, 2006

The diwali weekend. Its celebration time and holiday time. It was supposed to be same with me. But due to some personal reasons and the fact that am away from home(read no holidays) , this was a diwali I would like to forget, but perhaps would not be able to quite easily.

Once again, I marvel how close this e-revolution has brought us, at least in terms of keeping in touch(nah, I aint new to this… just keep getting fascinated). Its always nice to have frndz you can speak to.. talk nuisance without worrying too much about the impression thats going to make…..and yahoo(just my preferred example) certainly makes that task lot easier.

Thanks everyone for bearing with me.

And yeah, I spent some time googling for “boring diwali” and it did threw up some interesting , nice to read blog. Otherwise, it was just another weekend, shopping for the necessities, cleaning, and most part of the day: online, surfing and chatting.

Speaking of search, I do try some search engines from time to time and have almost always found google on top. The searches from MS simply didn’t match in terms of quality . But guess the new live.com is different. Unlike previous MSN search , which I considered to be the worst, live.com provides quite impressive search results.

It would be interesting to see the clash of titans in the search industry. For me, google is the preferred option and likely to remain so . Its just the simplicity and the comfort factor it provides with the search that awes me. Its email service though is one area where it can take some tips from Yahoo.

And yeah, every time I sit for lunch and dinner, it just reminds me that cooking is not my forte. I can cook good enough to survive, and have been doing so almost an year. But then, I feel like I have almost forgotten how good food tastes like and the different dishes you can cook. Maybe I am just lazy.

Had mentioned the performance benchmarking about my notebook and its unexpectedly low results. Have been doing a bit search on this and then using my friend’s working DELL power adapter, re-ran the tests. The results… Phew… amazing.

Apparently, the SpeedStep technology of the Intel, which varies the processing power, when running on battery (in my case the faulty adapter) , was causing the low benchmark for my notebook. The Speedstep doesn’t interfere with the processing speed when running on AC power or if it has been explicitly disabled from the BIOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment