Thursday, June 07, 2007

Bad web site design, products - Bajaj Allianz, Rediff


Life makes you wiser. It has been probably in one of my wiser moments that I had been trying to get some insurance policies in India and was trying to search(aka google) for the different policies on the web. And then it struck me, how badly these customer attracting sites are designed. Either for most of these players , the website dont exist or if they exist, the way they are designed serve little purpose. For example take the website of Bajaj Allianz. It is one of the leading player in the insurance market. Take a look at its website (www.bajajallianz.com).

Being inquistive about their products, I would really want to know what they have to offer along with the price . If that interests me, well it would be really nice, if i Can get their contact info or can leave my name and number to be called up.

But then some things are different. You need to mandatory include your first name, last name, email address and mobile number before u can view any information. Even the products or their rates. Yes, they are so concerned about ur visit , that they wont let u view their products until u get them ur full details. Too bad they didnt ask for my salary, permamenet addresss and credit card info too....and yeah searching for information.....get ready for the mess ahead.....oops dont
expect a site search.... people dont seem to beleive in it.

I fail to understand how can such a big company, with such good credentials in the market can afford with such a website design. Certainly a case of overzealous and overconfident designers/planners. But then this is defn not an isolated case.. but irritating enuff for a corporate website....at least for me.
As for me, I am still looking. Provided some dummy information on their website

And then there is rediff . Excellent website with loads of info and features focused on Indian community. I suspect , they copy yahoo in terms of their features and business models. But then at least on email... i would give them a big zero. Even with a "unlimited storage" account, i can hardly use it. Rather I am unable to use it. Perhaps this email service provider forgot the bulk mail option. To be true, there is a BULK mail folder, but then all the spam gets into inbox. No message into bulk mail.

Why am i writing all this.... well because i felt this is my private space and i could write about something, which I am unable to comprehend. Perhaps it makes some business sense to them. But to me, it doesnt.

And yeah.. a small disclaimer... These are not the only sites which seem bad to me, but these do trouble me. These are only my personal opinions. Your comments are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment